Friday 8 June 2007

A Trainspotter Writes...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/japaneseforms/13998072430/

While packing some things the other day -I'm relocating soon- I came across an old notebook in which I used to write lists and references of discs that I wanted to acquire. Inside this, I found some cuttings from long-binned copies of the NME.-I've no idea when this one was printed but I imagine it was in the early late 80s or early 90s or thereabouts. The cuttings were mostly lists that the magazine published of the ten most sought after / best releases by various bands or labels. There were Sonic Youth and Suicide lists among others and, amazingly, the one above featuring Postcard Records. Back then, I had marked the discs that I had in the list -correcting an error for the 'Simply Thrilled Honey' catalogue number- and, in my atrocius handwriting, added below the cat. N°, the title, and band name for Josef K's 'It's Kinda Funny' single that wasn't included in the list. In all, just a bit of paper but a nice little addition to the blog.



Image ©japanese forms

No comments: