Sunday 3 June 2007

Josef K - It's Kinda Funny / Final Request

https://www.flickr.com/photos/japaneseforms/527649564/
josef k
it's kinda funny / final request
postcard 80-5
postcard records (1980)

Second Josef K single released on Postcard in May 1980. Comes in one of the brownish 'cowboy' sleeves that were used for some of the label's releases. This was the band that I really preferred on Postcard and was a bit sad when they called it a day after such a short career. In my opinion, this release far outclasses anything Orange Juice put out on the label but I suppose that anyone who is a fan of the label has their own particular favourite.




A coloured Josef K paper insert was included with this release but my copy had none. I don't know why but as I lived and bought these abroad I imagine that somewhere along the line; from pressing plant to shop, someone decided to steal this highly desirable item.

For more info on Josef K check out this link or this link for a full rundown on the band's history.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For anyone who is interested, I am promoting Vic Godard and the Subway Sect at the Citrus Club, Edinburgh on the 22nd of June, support TV21, doors 7.30, and on the 23rd of June at the Accies Club, Helensburgh Drive, near Anniesland, Glasgow, tickets £10 available from me on 0780 4447511 or e-mail, soundsinthesuburbs@hotmai.co.uk

Cheers

Alan

japanese forms said...

For some reason I thought Vic Godard was dead... Glad to see he's still going strong. TV21 ! I'd forgotten all about them.