Monday 18 June 2007

Paul Haig - Running Away

https://www.flickr.com/photos/japaneseforms/8066798936/


Paul Haig
Running Away / Time
Les Disques du Crépuscule
TWI 088
Vinyl, 12"
Belgium, 1982

Getting away from Postcard Records for a wee bit (I'll be back with more later), Sound of Young Scotland continues with one of the better but least known artists of the 1980s. Well, he may have been quite well known to some but I don't remember Paul Haig being a huge success. Saleswise, I mean. Anyhow, following the Josef K split and the departure from Postcard, Paul Haig found refuge at the Brussels-based, superhip-label: Les Disques du Crépuscule. Label where Josef K had already released two singles ( 'The Farewell Single' and 'Sorry For Laughing') and where Haig would go on to release a fair amount of singles, EPs and albums throughout the 80s and 90s. Although it's a cover of a Sly Stone song, 'Running Away' is my favourite release by the man on this label. I don't have the 7" single but I do have the 12" EP version. The disc was in fact issued with three different sleeves. You can check out the artwork for my 12" here and here. Other artwork for this release can be seen here.

image ©japanese forms

No comments: