Friday 20 June 2014

Europe's Only Avant Garde Recording Company

https://www.flickr.com/photos/japaneseforms/14456642281/
Orange Juice
Ostrich Churchyard (inner sleeve)
Postcard Records (1992)
DUBH 922 CD
Sleeve designed by Alan Horne & Edwyn Collins

Tracks 1-11 Recorded 17th of May 1981, at the Hellfire Club, Glasgow
Tracks 12-15 Recorded 23rd of October 1980, at the BBC Maida Vale, London
for a John Peel Session

When Alan Horne revived Postcard Records around 1990 I wasn't very interested in what the label had to offer. As I said in my previous post, I'd moved on to other things but when I learnt that they were releasing some Orange Juice recordings I couldn't resist getting my grubby hands on them. This was one of them -the others being the 'The Heather's On Fire' singles compilation and the reissues of 'Love Sick / Blue Boy" on vinyl and CD single formats. 

More images here

No comments: