Saturday 17 August 2019

Orange Juice • 'Falling & Laughing' Cover Shoot



Hi, all.

I haven't updated this blog for about 18 months now. Most of any action concerning any posts that should have been posted at the Sound of Young Scotland blog has been taking place at my Twitter account. So, if anyone want's to catch up on anything that might concern this blog you'll have to patiently trawl through my Twitter posts for anything that might be of interest to you.

I'll try and update a wee bit more but my interest for this blog has somewhat waned over the past couple of years.

Anyhow, there's been a huge upsurge in interest on the whole Glasgow music scene of the late 70s & 80s and there's plenty of information available through several books and films. Books and films all easily available from several sources and which can be found with a quick Google or two.

Today's post is a photo from the Orange Juice 'Falling & Laughing' single cover shoot. Photograph courtesy of the inexhaustible source of documents that is Scots Post-Punk .

Cover session photography by Peter McArthur; who has this to say about it:

“Taken in Brian (Superstar) Taylor's* bedroom, 185 West Princes St. Edwyn (Collins) said, I should use a flash, but I knew better, besides I didn't own a flash. Steven Daly had left by then to join The Backstabbers.”


*Former member of other Glasgow bands The Pastels, and The Radio Sweethearts

No comments: